7/9/09

Burning in the All Consuming Fire of God's love

What is up people? Just something I wanted to share. No, it's not another random obsolete word (but just so you know, I'm bringing back "derf," so look out.)

Well, I was filling out this survey for I-HOP (24 hour prayer house, not the pancake place) and this question said what topics are most important to you right now. I began to answer this question in the fill out box and this was what I wrote:

"Burning" with other believers. What I mean is that we share our experiences of what God is doing in our lives and challenge each other to dive deeper into God's love through prayer, fasting, studying the Word, and living a life of overflow.

The main idea here is that your walk is something that must be shared with others. Not to see who is more "spiritual", but so that there can be an increase of unity throughout the soul of the church. To be of one accord in relationships that transcend age, race, gender, or even denominations.

Now that I look at it some more, I guess this is what small groups are for, but at the same time I want to be focusing on God outside of pre-arranged meetings. If I go to the arcade, for example, I want to be able to meet another believer drawn together by the Holy Spirit and be able to just talk with them.

Not necessarily ministering to them in the sense of "counseling" but BURNING in the flames of God's love for us, like Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego (Dan 3:22-25), or the believers on the road to Emmaus(Luke 24:32). Yeah. Sorry about the extremely long dealio here.


Kind of long for a simple questionnaire, but that is what I'm really passionate about. I'm not so naive that I think God has only been doing crazy things in my heart and in my life. It was that kind of thinking that messed Elijah up during his "bout" with Jezebel(1 kings 19:14-18). When we believe that we are the only ones doing the work of God, we can get prideful and we can very afraid of our circumstances. Both of those states of emotion are terribly dangerous places to be. On top of that, if we isolate ourselves in our walk with God then we can often miss out on a lot of things that He would have us receive. We end up cheating ourselves out of awesome impartations of His love and rob others of the chance to bless others and consequently their blessings as well.

Living that kind of life is very much a faith thing. I know the bible talks about casting our pearls before swine, and all that jazz. There are verses about a word aptly spoken. Proverbs has numerous verses about simply being quiet. But I also know about there being some verses about when you are given something, there is something that is expected of you. God shows us things, not so that we can simply bury them, but that we may share them with others which brings an increase to Him in praises and increases the Kingdom both inside of us and the kingdom around us.

Testimonies are not just limited to "well, the Lord done payed my way!," or "I got my healing!," and please don't take those as insults. They truly are great things that God does for people and valid victories in faith. However, God is always at work around us, and in sharing about our lives we hear what God has been doing and gain a greater appreciation for Him and revelation on things we may have missed.

It is the glory of God to hide a matter, but the glory of kings to search out a matter (Proverbs 25:2). I've never known a treasure hunt of any sort to be that successful, or fun, as a solo mission.

Well, that's my thought for the moment. I'm out.

P.S. "Teamwork makes the dream work!" - Thanks Ashley!

Be easy and God bless,
Rob aka Chillin

No comments:

Post a Comment